Organic Chicken Dog Treats
- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: serving size varies
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 3/4 C organic chicken broth ( water is okay- but add 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube)
- 1 C quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/3 margarine, soften
- 3/4 C powder milk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3/4 C cornmeal
- 3 C whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven 325F
- Bring broth (or water) to boil.
- In a large bowl pour broth and add oats, margarine (if using water add cube now)
- Let stand 5 minutes
- Stir in powder milk, egg and cormeal.
- Slowly add flour 1/2 C at a time.
- Knead for a few minutes until stiffen
- Roll to 1/2 inch thick, cut to desired shape.
- Back up to 50 mins or until golden brown. Cool until hard and crunchy.