Orzo with Pancetta, Swiss Chard and Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- Cooking Time: 28 to 34
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (fresh, jarred and drained, or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil and a little extra for the artichokes
- 1/4 lb. pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used pinot grigio)
- 1 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo
- 3 cups swiss chard, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the artichoke hearts with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast them for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet or saute pan, and then add the oil. Add the pancetta, cooking over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. To the pan, add the chopped onion and saute until tender. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Increase the heat slightly and add the wine. Cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken broth and bring to a light boil. Stir in the orzo and reduce the heat. Simmer, covered, about 8 minutes or until done. Add the roasted artichokes, pancetta, and swiss chard to the pan. Cover, turn off the heat, and let stand a couple minutes or until the swiss chard wilts. Season to taste.