Outrageous Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 10
- ½ cup plus 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Quaker® old fashioned Oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix the oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs well. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the flour to the sugar mixture, following with the oats and raisins last.
- Form into small balls equal in size and place on a greased cookie tray. Lightly press on top to flatten. Bake for 8-10 minutes and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Oatmeal cookies are essentially the “healthiest” a cookie could be. By using the whole-wheat flour and old-fashioned oats, it’ll add a serving of whole grains into your diet, not to mention the delicious raisins or any other dried fruit you could put in there (Apricots would be nice!). Serve with a glass of milk.
- As a side note, we used ground flax seed egg replacer in the class and it worked GREAT. Not to mention it saved a ton of cash as it lasted forever.