Oven Steamed Salmon with Blueberry Balsamic Reduction
- Servings: 4
- •For the Salmon:
- •4, 3 oz Salmon Filets, skinless
- •2-3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- •For the Sauce:
- •1 medium shallot, minced (about 1 tbs)
- •1 tsp olive oil
- •1 cup fresh blueberries
- •¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- •½ tsp black pepper
- •For the Salad:
- •1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- •1 cup chopped arugula
- •½ cup shelled Edamame beans
- •½ cup dry roasted almond slivers
- •½ tsp sea salt
- 1.Place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet , place the salmon fillets on the rack. Pour the vegetable broth in the bottom of the baking sheet, making sure that the broth does not submerge the wire rack. You want at least 1/2 inch between the liquid and the top of the wire rack.
- 2.Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil, making sure to tent the foil over the salmon so that the foil does not touch the fish at all. Secure tightly, in order to trap the steam inside the foil.
- 3.Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- 4.In a pan over medium high heat, add the oil and allow to get hot but not smoking. Add the shallots and sauté until opaque. Add the blueberries and balsamic, reducing heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook until reduce until about half, and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the black pepper.
- 5.Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide the salad among four plates. Top the salad with a salmon fillet and top each salmon fillet with the blueberry balsamic reduction.