Oven cooked Prime Rib
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 5 lbs pounds boneless beef rib roast (Bigger roast will lengthen cooking time)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- DRY RUB:
- Kosher Salt (To your taste)
- 2 tablespoon of Onion Salt
- 2 tablespoon of Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of Paprika
- 2 tablespoon of Cracked Black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon of Thyme
- 2 Garlic cloves; Peeled and sliced into chips
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Wash and dry the meat with paper towel.
- Rub extra virgin olive oil on the meat.
- Put small slices into the meat and insert garlic slivers.
- Mix the spices together and rub them on the meat.
- Once roast is seasoned, place roast in large skillet and lightly sear on all sides of the meat until meat is browned all over.
- Remove from heat.
- Stand the roast fat side up in a roasting pan on roasting rack.
- Do not rest meat on bottom of pan.
- Cook 5lb roast at 500 degrees for 60 min.
- **DO NOT OPEN OVEN DURING THE 1ST 60 MIN OF COOKING.**
- After initial cooking time, check with thermometer for meat doneness. (Thermometer should read at least 145 degrees for medium doneness.)
- **SKIP THIS STEP IF YOUR MEAT IS DONE** OTHERWISE Cook at additional 15 min. increments checking with thermometer after each increment until desired doneness.
- **MY 5LB. PRIME RIB COOKED AT 500 DEGREES FOR 1.5 HOURS FOR MEDIUM DONENESS TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF HOW LONG TO COOK YOUR MEAT.**
- **LET MEAT REST FOR 5 MIN BEFORE SLICING.**