P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 16 Boston, bibb or iceburg lettuce leaves
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce (Asian section of supermarket)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (I peal it, put it in the freezer then microplane keeps for a long time in freezer)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili pepper sauce (or use 1/8 teaspoon cayenne)
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts - drained, finely chopped
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 bunch of green onions thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- Cook chicken in large skillet over medium heat, until brown, stirring often breaking up the meat.
- Season to tatse with salt and pepper. Add onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts, carrots and green onions.
- Cook until onions begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in seasme oil.
- Arange lettuce leaves on the outer edge of platter.
- Spoon meat mixture in center.
- Alow guest to spoon mixture into leaves and eat like a taco.