PERUVIAN CHICKEN RAGOUT
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- Finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place chicken, flour, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in a plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven cook chicken mixture, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until browned.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth, potato, corn, and quinoa. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and quinoa are tender.
- Stir in spinach and lemon juice and cook just until spinach is wilted.
- Garnish each serving with shredded lemon peel.
- SERVES 4