Pan Roasted Tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 8 Roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions.
- Chop up the tomatoes and add them to the skillet with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for a few minutes until tomatoes soften.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of roasted pork.
Well last Sunday, I roasted a pork shoulder. Meat from this section is relatively fatty, which makes for juicy, tender, and flavorful roasts as well as clogged arteries. But nonetheless, after roasting it with a simple mix of garlic powder, onion powder, fresh black pepper and kosher salt, I let it cool and froze it for future use. Tonight I used that same roast I made a few days ago and made a pork roast dinner with pan roasted tomatoes and grilled brussel sprouts. Here's my recipe for the pan roasted tomatoes with balsamic vinegar that topped my pork: