Papa's French Toast
- 1 loaf Extra Sour Dough Bread (Francisco International brand is great if you can get it)
- 1 12 oz package of Beef Salami (The flavor of Hebrew National is very good)
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Im not going to give you exact amounts, as it depends on how many people you are feeding
- Slice the salami into thin slices, enough for 3 - 4 slices per slice of bread. Fry the salami in a hot skillet. The salami may begin to "dome", if so, just make a slice in it from the middle out, and flatten. Once both sides are nice and brown set aside on a paper towel until french toast is done.
- Mix eggs (2 eggs is enough for 4 slices of bread) a small amount of milk, salt and pepper to taste in a wide bowl. Quickly dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture and put into frying pan (you will need to add a bit of butter to the pan so the bread doesnt stick). Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- To serve, butter the top of the french toast, put 3 - 4 slices of cooked salami on top and sprinkle with desired amount of parmesan cheese.
- I hope you enjoy this as much as my family has over the years.