Parmesan Cheese Twists
- 1/2 pkg Puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp fresh Parsley, optional
- 1/2 tsp dried herb (I personally like rosemary, basil, and cracked black pepper)
- salt to taste
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix cheese, herbs, and salt.
- Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a 14 X 10 rectangle. cut in half lengthwise.
- Brush both halves with eggwash.
- Top one half of the pastry with the cheese mixture, sprinkling evenly.
- Place remaining rectangle over cheese topped rectangle, egg-side down.
- Roll gently with rolling pin to seal.
- Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch strips.
- Twist strips and place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet, pressing down ends.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make ahead: twist strips.
- Place on baking sheet and brush with egg mixture.
- When frozen, store in plastic bag for up to 1 month.
- To bake, preheat oven to 400.
- Place frozen strips on greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.