- 3 pound bag of baby red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (from a grinder)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese, saving a little for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and if the potatoes are semi big, quarter them again.
- Spray your dish with cooking spray.
- Place the cubed potatoes into a baking dish.
- Add the olive oil, garlic salt, sea salt, cayenne, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Using your fingers, or a spoon, mix everything until well coated.
- Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the potatoes. Put the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the baking sheet and give them another toss and place them back in the oven and roast until they are golden and crispy, 20 more minutes or so.
- Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese and serve.
These potatoes are delicious! I usually don't make potatoes other than a box of mashed potatoes or baked potatoes! I'm terrible at making hash browns and fried potatoes! I never get them just right! I either under cook them or burn them! :) These potatoes are a totally different story for me! PERFECT! These potatoes came out perfect and were gobbled down! I also found the best freshly shredded parmesan cheese at Kroger! The brand name is Sartori and it comes from Wisconsin, the cheese capitol of the USA! I thought the cheese had a hint of sweetness and it will be my go to cheese from now on! I really liked the grinded sea salt with the potatoes too! The cayenne pepper added a touch of spiciness but not overpowering! You could omit it if you don't want any spice, maybe add some paprika! Yummy!