Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (no salt)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; Spray a 2 Qt casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Thinly slice the potatoes (I use a Salad Shooter for this, but you can use a food processor, a mandoline or just a knife) into a bowl of ice water and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium/high heat. Add the onions and saute until they are soft, but not brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and then slowly stir in the milk. Add the garlic, hot sauce, lemon/pepper, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Continue to heat and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Drain the potato slices into a colander, and pat dry with paper toweling. Spread half of the potatoes into the prepared casserole dish. Pour half of the sauce evenly over the potatoes and repeat, ending with the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the sauce. Cover the casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the top is browned and the potatoes are tender.