Pasta Salad With Zucchini And Summer Squash Recipe
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 20
- •4 medium summer squash
- •2 cups basil leaves
- •⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- •¼ cup pine nuts
- •¼ cup olive oil
- •2 cloves garlic, pressed
- •½ teaspoon sea salt
- •1 lb zucchini
- •1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- •4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1.Using a julienne peeler (or a regular vegetable peeler for wider ribbons), slowly julienne each squash from top to bottom.
- 2.Place julienned squash in a large bowl and set aside.
- 3.Prepare the pesto: combine the basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until a coarse pesto forms.
- 4.Carefully toss the zucchini and yellow squash with the pesto. Top with the cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.