Pasta Salad with Kefir, Peas & Cheese
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 1 ½ cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb fresh or frozen peas (thawed)
- 6 green onions
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ lb white cheese (or feta)
- Cook the pasta shells in salted water until al dente. Drain and while it begins to cool, make the dressing and prep additional ingredients.
- In a blender, combine kefir, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of the peas. Blend until smooth and pale green.
- Chop the green onions into thin slices. Stack the mint leaves and slice crosswise into thin ribbons. Dice the cheese into ¼ inch cubes or crumble if using feta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, dressing, green onions, mint, cheese and remaining peas and stir to combine. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving. If the pasta absorbs the dressing, add more kefir before serving.