- Servings: 12-14 (2 1/2 ounces)
- 3-lb salmon fillet
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- Cure Mix:
- 6 oz. salt
- 3-6 oz. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch rough chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch rough chopped parsley
- 1/2 lb. minced shallots
- 3 oz. molasses
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 crushed bay leaves
- 1/4 c. crushed coriander seed
- 1/4 c. paprika
- 1/4 c. ground black pepper
- Remove the pin bones from the salmon and center it skin side down on a large piece of cheesecloth. Brush with lemon juice.
- Mix the cure ingredients and pack evenly over the salmon. Combine the cilantro, parsley, and shallot and pack evenly over the salmon.
- Wrap the salmon loosely in the cheesecloth and cure under refrigeration for 3 days. After the third day, gently scrape off the cure.
- Bring the molasses, cayenne, and bay leaves to a simmer. Remove from heat and cool. Brush evenly over the salmon. Blend the coriander, paprika, and black pepper. Press evenly over the salmon.
- Rest uncovered under refrigeration for at least 12 hours before serving. The salmon may be wrapped ans stored for up to 1 week.