Peaches n Cream Tart
- TART CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more to sprinkle on peaches
- 4-5 medium size ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, blend flour, butter, sugar, and salt until moist crumbs form (this may take up to 1 minute). Transfer dough to a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
- With floured fingers, press dough evenly into pan and up sides. Dip a dry-measuring cup in flour, and use it to press dough firmly into bottom and against sides of pan. Freeze crust until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, prick crust all over. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes, pressing down gently once or twice with a spoon during baking if crust puffs up. Cool completely in pan.
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread mixture evenly in bottom of baked crust (still in tart pan).
- Starting from outside edge, arrange peach slices, in tight concentric circles on cream cheese. Sprinkle peaches with sugar to suit your taste.
- Chill in pan atleast 1 hour, up to 6 hours. Remove from pan before just serving.