Peanut Butter And Jelly Bars
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 15 to 18 bars
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup jelly (I use raspberry and apricot, but you can use your favorite jam or preserves)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the jelly. Beat with an electric beater on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until blended and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the peanut butter mixture. Spread the remaining mixture over the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the jelly evenly over the mixture and crumble the reserved peanut butter mixture over the top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden. Allow to cool completely, then cut into bars and serve.
I don't remember where I got the recipe for these bar cookies, but but I've been making them for years! Who doesn't love a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? They're so simple to make and always remind me of one of my childhood comfort food memories, coming home from school to a PB&J sandwich.