Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Cooking Time: 9-10 minutes
- Servings: Makes 3-4 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts, if desired
- 1) Make the cookie dough. In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add vanilla and the egg, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl when needed. Add peanut butter and combine thoroughly. Mix in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2) Allow the dough to rest. For best results, chill overnight in the refrigerator or place dough in the freezer for at least one hour before making cookies.
- 3) Bake the cookies. Preheat oven to 350(F). Form dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Gently flatten tops of cookies. Bake 9-10 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven but leave on baking sheet 3-4 minutes so cookies set. Transfer to cooling rack, then directly to your mouth.
- Try a Fluffernutter Cookie! Roll dough into balls and cross hatch with a fork. Bake at 350(F) for 9-10 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven but leave on baking sheet 3-4 minutes so cookies set. Transfer to cooling rack. Spoon Marshmallow Fluff in between two cookies. Messy and delicious!
- Notes: Makes 3-4 dozen cookies, depending on size. For best results, make dough in advance and chill overnight in the refrigerator or place dough in the freezer for at least one hour before making cookies. White Whole Wheat flour is a great substitute for All-Purpose. Use crunchy peanut butter for more intense peanut taste and texture.