Peanut Butter Dulce de Leche Brownies
- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups (15 3/4 oz) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Dulce de Leche (purchased)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking/baking spray. Whisk to combine flour, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in large glass bowl - in microwave, heat butter and chocolate on high for 45 seconds, then stir and heat for 30 seconds more. Stir again, and, if necessary, repeat in 15-second increments.
- When chocolate mixture is completely smooth, whisk in sugar (or add chocolate and sugar to stand mixer and mix on low until combined). Add eggs on at a time, mixing after each addition until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions, mixing until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan; using spatula, spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface. Use a spoon and dollup half of the dulce de leche onto the surface, swirl with a knife. Add the remaining batter and spread evenly. Spoon the remaining dulce de leche onto the top and swirl.
- Bake until toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into center of brownies comes out with few moist crumbs attached, about 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, then remove brownies from pan by lifting foil overhang. Cut brownies into 2x2 inch squares and serve.