Peanut Butter Mousse Cupcakes
- Use your favorite white cake recipe or a box of white cake mix to make the cupcakes.
- I made a 4 layer cake from this recipe and decided to try it out in cupcake form. Both are good.
- CUPCAKES - You can use your favorite white cake recipe or
- a box of white cake mix- follow directions for cupcakes, bake and then cool completely
- PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE FILLING-
- 1 Pkg. jello Cheesecake flavored pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 small container cool whip
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cup milk
- Beat jello mix, peanut butter and 1 1/4 cup (reserve 1/4 cup if mixture is too thick) in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Fold in about 1/2 of the small container of cool whip (more or less depending on desired consistency) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE- you can use chocolate buttercream if you prefer a lighter topping. The ganache is especially good if making the cake.
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Place the cream in a small heavy saucepan over med. heat and bring to a boil, stirring. Meanwhile, place the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Remove the cream from the heat and pour over chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted.
- 3. Let it stand for 30 mins. at room temp. or chill for 10 mins. until it has thickened enough to spread.
- 1. Fill pastry bag with chilled mousse mixture and using a wilton bismarck tip (the long pointy one from the cupcake decorating kit) or any other long pointy tip- insert into cupcake approximately 2/3 of the way down and squeeze to fill cupcake.(I do this 2 or 3 times to some larger cupcakes to get more filling in them).
- 2. Frost using the chocolate ganache or chocolate buttercream.