Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Batter for One Jiffy White Cake
- Double Pie crust or two store bought pie crusts
- Ina Garten's PB frosting: 1 c. Peanut Butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- dash salt
- 1/3 c. cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter.
- Heat jam briefly in microwave or saucepan and stir. (You just want to break it up so it isn't solid)
- Roll out pie crusts and cut 24 circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Place each circle into muffin cup and press down into bottoms gently.
- Pour 1 heaping Tbls. cake batter into each cup.
- Top with 1 heaping Tbls. jam.
- Fill cups with remaining batter.
- Bake for 5-20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Invert onto wire rack and cool completely.
- To prepare frosting, beat sugar, butter, peanut butter, salt and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add cream and beat on high speed until smooth.
I've been playing with the idea of making Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into cupcakes for a while now. I wanted to make sure I captured the crust and te soft center of bread, so I went with a pie crust bottom and cake top. I'm really happy with the results, and they were a huge hit!