Pear-Cranberry Pie with Oatmeal Streusel
- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 12 servings
- ¾ cup regular oats
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 2 tbs chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups (1/2) inch cubed peeled Anjou pear (2 large)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 ½ tbs cornstarch
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep pastry shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare streusel by combining first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Prepare filling by combining pear, cranberries, 2/3 cup brown sugar, and
- cornstarch in a large bowl; toss well to combine.
- Spoon pear mixture into pastry shell; sprinkle streusel over pear mixture. Bake for 1 hr or until bubbly and streusel is browned.
- Cool at least 1 hr on a wire rack.
Found this recipe last year when I purchased the Cooking Light magazine. Was looking for something different for a Thanksgiving pie and this was it. This was such a hit on Thanksgiving that I made it again for Christmas last year. And of course this is back on the menu for this year. One can substitue apples for pears if wanted. Also, you can use pears, apples, and cranberries...this is what I did for Christmas. All I can say is yummy.