Pecan Crusted Chicken
- 4 defrosted chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups flour (I use wheat)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 C olive oil (more or less depending on how fast it cooks!)
- Defrost chicken. You can either leave them in full breasts or cut into strips/bite sized pieces.
- Mix flour, pecans, salt, and pepper in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix egg and water together in mixing bowl then dip chicken into it.
- Coat chicken in flour/pecan mixture.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Drop chicken into pan to cook. Ensure that each side is browned and cooked through
This is another recipe given to me by Theresa at church If you want to go the healthier route, which is generally what I do, cook chicken in pan only until all sides are browned. This gets you the buttery, crisped taste, then place chicken in baking dish and cook in oven on 350 for about 15 minutes or until done. This is super yummy. We usually pair it with mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, or scalloped potatoes as well as with green beans or corn. It's one of the easiest dishes I've made and it's so good! Another successful recipe from Theresa! !