Penne Ala Vodka
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. canned, chopped plum tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. dried penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 Tbsp Vodka
- 1 c. heavy cream
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring ocassionally (I usually cook it for much longer to really thicken it). Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add cooked pasta; bring to a simmer. Add vodka and cream. Cook until thickened.