Penne Pasta Pizza
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 cup prepared thick pasta sauce
- 1 cup ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- Combine three rolls together to form a ball. Repeat with remaining rolls. If using bread dough, cut into 4 equal pieces. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten each ball or piece into a 7-8-inch circle. Place on large sprayed baking sheets. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size. Meanwhile, stir together the pasta, pasta sauce and ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
- When dough has risen, remove plastic wrap and press the middle of each dough circle down, leaving 1-inch all the way around the edges. Divide the pasta mixture equally between the circles and place in mounds in the center of each one where you have pressed it down. Top each one with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Brush the bare 1-inch edge around each pizza with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 350ºF 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted and browning. Serve hot.