- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C chopped nuts (I like walnuts or pecans)
- 1 handful peppermint hard candies (or candy canes) - crushed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a cold bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, beat in salt and cream of tarter, gradually beat in sugar. Gently fold in chopped nuts and crushed candies.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool on 5 - 10 minutes on tray.