Perfect Roast Potatoes
- Cooking Time: 2 1/2-3 hours
- Servings: depends
- Preparation Time: 2-3 1/2 hours
- You can use any kind but I like red potatoes best, how many you use depends on how many you're feeding.
- garlic powder
- Wash and cut potatoes into quarters or more if they are large.
- Put them into a baking pan so they lay flat and arn't on top of each other.
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, not more than 1/8" deep or a little less.
- Add butter, be generous, at least a 1/2 stick.
- Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder.
- Bake in oven starting at 325 or 350, you can do this while you're baking any kind of meat. Turn the potatoes every 1/2 hour. When the meat comes out or after 1-1 1/2 hours turn up the oven to 375 for about 20 minutes and then turn it back down to 350. Keep turning potatoes. When they are nice and brown, cooked well they are done. Mine take from 2 1/2-3 hours to make them right. If they get too crispy just turn the oven down to low and let them soften.