Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls
- Servings: 2 dzn
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter, (optional)
- Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let the mixture stand until yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix (some flour may not be needed). Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- When ready to bake
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured board. Divide dough into 24 equal-size pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball; place balls in even rows in the prepared pan. Cover and let dough balls rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 375. Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Brush warm rolls with melted butter, if desired. Break rolls apart to serve.
- Helpful hints, in this recipe do not use quick rising dry yeast, since it is designed to raise breads quickly.