- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, roughtly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. water
- combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree until mixture forms a smooth, thick paste.
- I usually make a double or triple recipe when the garden is in full swing and then I can freeze it for later. Just use a container with the amount you would use per serving.