Petite Ginger and Rhubarb Loaf Cake
- Servings: 2- 3
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled (can substitute canola oil)
- 1 large egg white
- 3 Tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons candied ginger, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup rhubarb, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350̊ F. Grease and flour a 5 3/4 X 3 1/8 X 2 1/8 - inch petite loaf cake pan
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, the salt and the sugar. Whisk to blend and set aside..
- Combine the butter, the egg white and the milk in a medium bowl. Stir until just combined. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the ginger and rhubarb.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 - 45 minutes. Remove from oven and set the pan, with cake, on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Run a flat knife around the edges of the pan to loosen cake. Invert the cake on the rack and cool completely.
- If desired, sift powdered sugar over the top of the cake before serving.
- Serves 2 - 3