- 8 small to medium fresh turnips
- 3 small beets
- 2½ Tsp rough sea-salt
- 1 hot green pepper, sliced
- 3 tender celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup warm water
- 1½ cup natural vinegar
- Big Glass Jar
- Peel the turnips and the beets and slice them ½ inches thick.
- Place slices in a big bowl and mix them with the sea-salt. Let sit for 12 hours.
- Remove slices together with the water that has come out and
- put them in the jar.
- Add the warm water and vinegar. If the liquids don’t fill up the
- jar then add some more water or vinegar.
- Put the jar in a sunny spot; after 2 days the pickled turnip is ready.