Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Cooking Time: 25-30
- 2 bags Success White Rice
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can (15oz.)crushed pineapple injuice, Undrained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can(3 1/2 oz) flaked coconut
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Combine rice, milk, 1 cup of sugar and salt in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the vanilla. Cool.
- Combine pineapple, with the juice and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in separate saucepan; stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in brown sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon.
- Add coconut;mix lightly to coat. Cool.Spoon half of the rice pudding into individual dessert dishes; cover with half the coconut mixture. Repeat the layers.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
This is what I consider a comfort food dessert. It has all the ingredients in it that my family loves. I hope you enjoy it also. Note: You may use "evaporated skim milk" in place of regular evaporated milk and also "skim milk" in place of Regular whole milk. This will make it figure friendly.