Pineapple-coconut-banana Upside-down Cake
- Servings: 10
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, undrained
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 banana)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet; sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Drain pineapple slices over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Place 1 pineapple ring in center of skillet. Cut remaining pineapple rings in half; arrange around center pineapple ring. Sprinkle evenly with coconut. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl. Combine reserved juice, banana, oil, and egg, stirring with a whisk. Add pineapple juice mixture to flour mixture, stirring until combined. Pour flour mixture over coconut. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Invert onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.