Pink Princess Cake
- Cooking Time: 35
- For Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then stir in vanilla.
- Stir a small amout of pink food coloring into the milk and set aside. In another bowl, combine salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Add to batter alternately with colored milk. beat until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Divide batter between one 8-inch round cake pan and one 6-inch round cake pan, each sprayed generously with nonstick cooking spray and lined with circles of waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F. for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Note: The smaller cake may be done a few minutes before the bigger one.
- Makes 1 round 2-layer cake.
- Cool in pans for 10 to 15 minutes, then carefully remove by placing a plate or rack over each cake pan and inverting the cake onto it. Cool for a total of one hour.
- When cakess are cool, center smaller cake on top of large one.
- Frosting to follow.