Pistachio White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons spectrum organic shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons good quality vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw pistachios, coarsely chopped and divided
- 10 ounces white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in milk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Place oats in food processor and pulse to chop them up a bit, leaving some texture.
- Add flour mixture and chopped oats to butter mixture in 2 or 3 additions. Mix well. Fold in 1 cup pistachios and all of the white chocolate chunks.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 to 60 minutes.
- Using a generous tablespoon cookie scoop measurement, drop mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets. I used large sheet and only put 9 cookies on because they do spread a bit. Lightly press remaining pistachios on top of cookie dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown - the center may still look a bit underdone. Let cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet before trying to move to a wire rack. I got about 53 cookies