Appetizer Birthday Brunch Camping Christmas Cinco de Mayo Crowd Cooking Dinner Dinner Party Easter Finger Food Game Day Halloween Independence Day Kid Friendly Kwanzaa Labor Day Lunch Main Dish Mardi Gras/Carnival Memorial Day Misc. One Dish Mother's Day New Year's Eve/Day Passover Picnic Pizza Potluck Purim Ramadan Shower/Wedding Side Dish Snack St. Patrick's Day Stove Thanksgiving Valentine's Day
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 21 ounces cans pizza sauce with cheese - made fresh or canned
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - more or less to suit your taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese -- grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese -- grated
- 1 each French bread loaf -- cubed
- Brown ground beef and onions.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add pizza sauce, cornstarch, basil, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Combine cheeses; stir in 1/3 at a time.
- When piping hot, pour into fondue pot and serve immediately.
- Note: This may be used as an appetizer or as a main dish