Pizza Hot Dish
- 1/2 lb hamburger (I used 1 pound)
- 1/2 lb sausage (I used 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup green peppers (you can also add mushrooms, or whatever else you like to put on your pizza.)
- 1 jar pizza sauce (I used 28 ounces)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- Parmesan cheese, green container, for sprinkling top (my addition)
- Oregano for sprinkling top (my addition)
- Garlic salt for sprinkling top (my addition)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- In skillet brown hamburger and sausage together. Drain. Add green peppers and continue cooking until green peppers are soft. Add pizza sauce and remove from heat.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with Pam. Press 1 can of crescent rolls into bottom of pan. This is where I baked the 1st can alone. Spread meat mixture on top of the crescent rolls and add a layer of pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with second can of crescent rolls, stretching the dough to cover most of the pan.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic salt if desired.
- Bake on top rack, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
I love recipes with crescent rolls and when my friend Joyce (Sassygrits____OH) found this one, I knew I was going to make it! I feed a family of 5 so I doubled up on the ground beef and sausage and it was perfect! I also added a few things! The blogger commented on baking her's a little longer on the bottom rack of her oven to make sure the bottom layer of crescent rolls didn't get soggy! I decided to try mine a different way! Here is my tip: After spraying my casserole dish, I unrolled the 1st can of crescent rolls and baked it alone until it was lightly brown! Then I continued with original recipe!