- Cooking Time: 12
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 cup polenta or yellow corn meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- juice of zested lemon
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. whisk together corn meal, flour, and salt.
- cream sugar, butter, lemon juice and zest. beat until light and fluffy. add egg and egg yolk one at a time. gradually combine dry mixture with wet mixture. add vanilla extract. drop a 2 tsp size amount on parchmet paper and flatten with wet fingers or pip with a 1/2 in star tip in the shape of an "S". bake for 10 to 12 min. i pipe teeny tiny ones just for fun!! Remember: adjust the cooking time to the size of the cookie. if you make them larger, cook longer; smaller cook for a shorter amount of time.