Pomegranate Cupcakes with Tangerine Mascarpone Frosting
- Tangerine Mascarpone Frosting
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese, whatever you fancy)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of tangerine juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- What You'll Do...
- 1) Let the butter and cream cheese come to room temperature. Beat them together until well combined.
- 2) Add the poweder sugar and then the zest. Add more powdered sugar if you want for desired thickness. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes; you may need to let this chill first before piping.
- Note: As with all cupcakes, I highly suggest you let these sit overnight to let the flavors meld. It makes for a much tastier cupcake.