Pork Chops with Onion Compote
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1-inch thick, about 9 oz. each)
- Coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season chops generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Sear chops until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until done. Transfer to serving plate and let stand 10 min.
- Add wine to onions and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 3 min.
- Season with salt and pepper and spoon over pork chops.
- Serve with lemon wedges.