Pork Fried Won Tons
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: a lot
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb ground pork (or turkey but not just white meat)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped well
- garlic powder to taste, be generous
- ground pepper, just 2-3 twists of the grinder
- a pinch of sea salt
- ground ginger to taste, maybe a half to one teaspoon
- won ton wrappers--this will fill about 1 3/4 packages of skins
- canola oil
- Mix all ingredients except for wrappers and allow to sit in the refridgerator for at least 8 hours so the flavors meld.
- Put about 3/4 teaspoon of stuffing on each won ton wrapper and fold any way that you feel comfortable with.
- You can seal them or not. My friend does but I don't.
- Heat the canola oil in a fry pan, about 3" deep to just under medium heat.
- Fry the wontons slowly, turning frequently until they are lightly browned and you know the stuffing is cooked through.
- If you fry them too fast the skins will be too dark and crispy and the insides will not be done.
- Drain well.
- These can be reheated in the microwave for 40-50 seconds and they can be frozen once assembled and saved for later.