- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs (I used extra-large)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla or lemon extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Use the butter wrappers to grease the inside of an 8-inch loaf pan (I got a long narrow pan at Ikea 4 1/4-in. by 11 1/2-in. top measurement and like the size for this).
- Cream the butter on high speed of electric mixer, then very slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing about 5 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time while continuing to beat, alternating with the flour. Add the extract of your choice and beat another 2 minutes.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared loaf pan (this batter is very thick).
- Bake for about 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then remove to serving plate. Slice and enjoy.