Prickly Pear Margarita
- Servings: 6
- 4 prickly pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 3 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz frozen limeade
- 6 oz silver tequila
- 4 1/2 oz triple sec (I used Citronge)
- 3 TB simple syrup
- lime wedges and coarse salt to garnish
- Once you have your prickly pears peeled and sliced, put them in your blender along with the 1/4 cup of water....and blend.
- Strain into a bowl. You don't really want to "drink" the little seeds that are found inside
- You might need to get a spoon and help smoosh the fruit through the strainer. The only thing you want to leave behind are the seeds.
- Place crushed ice in the blender. Add the prickly pear puree, lime juice, limeade, tequila, triple sec and simple syrup. Cover and pulse ingredients.
- Garnish the rim of your glass with salt. Pour in the margarita. Add a lime wedge and serve
If the color itself doesn't make you fall in love with this drink...then the flavor will. It's not too sweet. It's not tart. It goes down smoothly. I can't describe the flavor. If you've eaten prickly pears, then you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't....then you'll have to find out for yourself. Don't let the fact that you can barely taste the alcohol fool you. It's there. You'll know soon enough.