- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until
- light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into an ungreased 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven. Cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter.Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar a little at a time,
- beating until mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled bars.
- Cut into squares or bars.
- If this is baked in the jellyroll pan, they're more like bars, but it can also be baked in a 13x9 cake pan, so it'd be more like a sheet cake.