Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping
- Servings: 12 - 14
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) solid pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350ºF for 5 to 7 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Gradually beat in milk and eggs just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; Spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate leftovers.