- 2 1/4 cups Flour -- all purpose
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Margarine -- or butter
- 3/4 cup Pecans -- chopped
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin -- canned
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 lg Egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Gound cloves
- Ice Cream
- Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter with a
- pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Press 1 1/4 cups mixture into bottom of an
- ungreased 9-inch square pan; set aside.
- Combine remaining crumb mixture, buttermilk,
- and next 8 ingredients; beat at low speed with
- an electric mixer until blended.
- Pour over crumb mixture, and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares, and serve with Caramel Sauce
- AND commercial ice cream.