Pumpkin Java Chunk Muffins
- Cooking Time: 18-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3.5 to 4 oz) espresso flavored dark chocolate candy bar, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, or mixing cup, blend together the buttermilk, egg, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and gently mix together until just blended. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, Stir the cinnamon into the remaining sugar, and sprinkle over the muffin tops. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.