Pumpkin Mousse Roll
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Cream cheese -- softened
- 4 tablespoons Butter -- or margarine
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- in large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add to egg mixture, mixing well. Spread batter into greased 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan lined with waxed-paper.
- Bake at 350 ° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes. Place cake on clean tea towel sprinkled liberally with powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes longer. From 10- inch side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel, prepare filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake (without the towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Slice before serving. Keep leftover slices refrigerated. This pumpkin roll freezes well.