Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 50 minutes
- 1/3 cp. butter
- 1/4 cp. packed brown sugar
- 1 cp. all-purpose flour
- 3 (8oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8oz) caron dairy sour cream
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- pecan halves (optional)
- 1/2 cp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cp. chopped pecans
- For Pecan Praline Pieces and Powder;line a large baking sheet with foil, set aside.In a heavy skillet place the 1/2 cp. granulated sugar. Cook over med. high heat shaking skillet ocassionally until sugar begins to melt.Do not stir. Reduce heat to low.Stir in the chopped pecans, cook about 3 min. more or until the sugar is golden brown and pecans are toasted, stirring ocasssionally.Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, speading with a wooden spoon as thin as possible. Cool.Break or chop the cooled pralines into 1/4 inch pieces.Set half of it aside.For Pecan Praline Powder; place remaining broken pieces in a blender container or food processor bowl.Cover and blend or process until ground.Store in separate containers in refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 week.
- For Crust;in a med. mixign bowl beat butter with a electric mixer on med. high speed about 30 seconds or until softened.Add the 1/4 cp. brown sugar and beat until fluffy.Add the 1 cup flour. Beat on low to med. speed just until combined.
- Pat dough on to bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the side of a 9 inch springfoam pan.Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.Cool crust on a wire rack while preparing filling.
- For filling;in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 3/4 cp. br. sugar,and the 2 tbsp. flour with an electric mixer on a med. to high speed until combined.Add the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat until combined.Add eggs all at once.Beat on low speed just until combined.Stir in the coarsely broken pecan praline pieces, reserving the poweder for the topping.
- Pour the filling into the crust lined springfoam pan.Place the springfoam pan into a shallow baking pan on the oven rack.Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45-55 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream and granulated sugar. Spread over the top of the cheesecake.
- Remove springfoam pan from baking pan. Cool cheesecake in springfoam pan on a wire rack for 15 min.Use a small metal spatula to loosen the crust from sides of pan. Cool 30 min. more. Remove side of the springfoam pan. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving sprinkle the pecan praline powder over sour cream topping in center of cheesecake and garnish with pecan halves, if desired.
- NOTE: Be extremely careful when working with the hot sugar mixture for the Pecan Praline Pieces and Powder. Total attention must be given as things move quickly when the sugar reaches the proper tempertature to caramelize. Store praline powder in airtight container until serving time. If desired, the praline powder can also be used as a topping for ice cream.