- 1 onion. diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups arborio (risotto) rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee the onion in olive oil over medium heat for three to five minutes, or until soft. Add the rice. Allow to cook, stirring, for a minute or two. Slowly add the wine.
- Start to add the vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Allow the moisture to cook off before adding the next 1/2 cup. Stir frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well, and cook for just a few minutes, until heated through.